Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Review: Vanille Extreme (EDT) by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

I am a sucker for Vanilla perfumes. I must. have. them. So when I saw this sample at Lucky Scent, I had to give it a whirl.

The Scent

Extreme is 200% correct, this one is super duper sweet!!!! Your dentist would NOT approve!!!!

Vanille Extreme starts off with a tooth achingly sweet vanilla ice cream blast, as if you've had your head stuck in the carton & had a massive feeding frenzy. It's dripping from your nose, mouth & chin. You can almost FEEL the stickiness of the sugar, vanilla & milk.

The vanilla here is not rich or warm, but similar to concentrated vanilla essence (not that there's anything wrong with that!) and the milk note makes it creamy. Sillage is at maximum here!

The heliotrope then joins in but turns into a bit of a party pooper, calming the scent down with a floral twist. Don't get me wrong, it's not awful however personally I'd prefer the sugar, milk & vanilla to be solo.

Lasting Power

The initial blast of Vanille Extreme EDT lasts about an hour or so on me, and then stays close to the skin, it doesn't completely fade. During the day I get vanillary whiffs that make me want to lick my arm.

Will I Buy It?

I will enjoy my sample whilst it lasts, but I don't think I will be buying a full bottle of this. It's very nice, but I don't love it.

Do I Recommend It?

If you're a vanilla lover like myself, you MUST try it! I recommend picking a sample up at Lucky Scent before you spring for a while bottle though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment