Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Inglot Pure Pigments #87 (Matte Black)

I've been collecting Inglot's Pure Pigments for a couple of months now after discovering Duraline*.

I was intending to buy a Inglot's black Gel Eyeliner when I discovered this Matte Black Pure Pigment #87. I've found that I'm not always great at applying Gel Eyeliner & that Duraline is easier for me to use. Anyway, I figured that I could kill two birds with one stone & get this pigment to use as eyeshadow AND eyeliner. I'm very glad that I did!

Pure Pigment #87 is a one of the blackest blacks I've ever used & is extremely matte. For the first time I've found it much easier to do a neat black eyeliner (with an eyeliner brush & Duraline).

I also use this pigment to layer over brighter colours (such as metallic orange, or hot pink) to give it a duotone look. It works really well!

I haven't used #87 as a base yet - that's something for the future.

Inglot Pure Pigment #87 Swatch
(No base/No flash/No mixing medium)
It gets even blacker with Duraline!
I found another use for #87 & Duraline too! On Halloween I used it to draw a spooky spiderweb on my face from the corner of my eye to my hairline (paired with Inglot's Red #50 AMC Eye Shadow on the lid). It worked so well! I wish I had a photo to show you but I didn't get one! :(

Tip: If you're using this pigment as an eyeshadow make sure you do your foundation & powder AFTER you apply as I'm not kidding - it's VERY VERY black. I don't get much fallout but it is a powder so things could happen. Also, take care when using it. I have daymares about dropping this pot & black matte pigment going everywhere.

Did I mention that it was really black?

I love Inglot Pure Pigments & this is fast becoming one of my favourites.

Inglot's Pure Pigments are $25AU each.


Definitely recommended!


*Duraline is a mixing medium by Inglot which turns pigments & eyeshadow into a liquid that can be used as an eyeliner or eyeshadow base etc.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

LOVE inglot cosmetics!!!!i use their eyeshadow as a part of my pro makeup kit :)

KeLLSTaR said...

Isn't it great Mandy? I love it too. :-) It will take me a while, but I'll post info on the products that I have.

Post a Comment