Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Review: Simple Eye Make-Up Remover

Once I discovered Gel Eyeliners (Stila Smudge Pots & Inglot Matte Gel Eyeliners) & Mixing Mediums (Inglot's Duraline) I knew they were the best thing since sliced bread. They are so good as they stay on FOREVER.

I bought a sensitive eyemakeup remover by Innoxa which unfortunately did not do a very good job. Not only did it take too many cotton balls to remove the makeup & to my surprise I found that it stung my eyes & made them red, no matter how careful I was.

How's that for being a sensitive eye makeup remover!


So I went on the hunt for another one! I scouted the Internet for reviews & recommendations for a good eye makeup remover however there are so many different types I was a little overwhelmed.

Browsing through Priceline one day, I noticed a little bottle with a green lid - Simple Eye Make-up Remover - it was on sale for about $8. Next to it was the cutest little 50ml version which was also on sale for about $3.00. The bigger version was cheap, but I am sick of buying full sized products just to find that I don't like them so I thought the smaller bottle was a fantastic idea to see what it's like!

Using It

The bottle has screw off lid & inside a small whole, which makes it SO much easier to get the product either on a cotton ball, or cotton tip without having to tip the bottle upside down (and possibly contaminating the bottle) onto it, or accidently pouring too much out.

So what I do is, I pour a little onto a cotton ball, hold it on my eye for a couple of seconds, and then wipe the eye from lash to brow. I repeat the process for both eyes. Depending on the amount of makeup I have put on that day it may take one or two cotton balls per eye. I prefer using cotton balls as when I used cosmetic squares that they soaked up too much product.

Tip: For stubborn waterproof mascara I pour a little onto a cotton tip & run it along my lashes. The small hole/dispenser makes it perfect to get a drop or two on the tip.


Benefits of Simple Eye Make-Up Remover

What appealed to me about this product is that it is:
  • Fragrance free - I don't like fragrance in face products
  • No added Colour - who needs it to look pretty?
  • Has Pro-Vitamin B5
  • Oil Free so it's not greasy
  • Removes Waterproof makeup - exactly what I've been using!

Verdict

Would I recommend this?

Yes, it does exactly what it says & my eyes don't sting* - bonus!

*The strange thing is, since using it I have noticed reviews on sites such as Make Up Alley, that some people report that it makes their eyes sting - these reviews were for a similar bottle by Simple, but it says "Conditioning" on it. I'm not sure if they've reformulated the product, or that this is a different version? My recommendation is to buy the  smaller 50ml bottle first so you can see what it's like before getting a full one.

Would I buy it again?

Yes, in fact, since using up my little bottle I have purchased a full one. I'm just over halfway through so I will have to remember to pick another one up in a few weeks!

My Rating: 8.0 out of 10

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I've been using this one for a couple of years not. I love it :)

Anonymous said...

Great review! I Love Simple skincare but have never tried the makeup remover. My last blog post was actually reviewing their toner and light moisturiser...
lilaloves.blogspot.com

xxx

KeLLSTaR said...

@Mandy, Isn't it great? I wish I'd found it sooner. I love how there's no scent, its strange (in a good way) that it doesn't smell like anything.

@Lila Loves, Thank you! I will have to check out your reviews! I bought a little bottle of their Toner to try but haven't touched it yet!

Post a Comment