Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Review: LUSH Vanilla Dee-Lite Body Lotion

I wandered into Lush wanting to get a Vanillary solid perfume to accompany my Vanillary EDT perfume but unfortunately they were out. :(


Browsing the store, I came across Vanilla Dee-Lite Body Lotion but it didn't seem very attractive, so I put it back, moving on. I ended up getting a Vanilla Fountain Bath Ballistic (can't wait to use it!) & 100g of the Vanilla In The Mist soap. The SA must have seen me looking at it, so at the checkout gave me a sample of Vanilla Dee-Lite to try at home with a paper offering 10% if I purchased it within a few days (how did she know? LOL)

I went onto the shopping centre & stopped at Inglot. On the way I smoothed a little of the body lotion on my arm. To my surprise it smelt amazing - totally different than it had smelt in the store & quite similar to Vanillary! I finished my shopping & on the way back made sure I detoured into Lush to grab a bottle (using the 10% off voucher)!

How Does It Feel?

Vanilla Dee-Lite glides on very smoothly & a little goes a long way. It has a silky creamy texture which leaves skin very soft. It's quite nourishing & moisturises my skin well. Oh! Also, it's not greasy whatsoever - thank goodness!

How Does It Smell?

This body lotion has the gorgeous Vanilla/Jasmin/Tonka scent that's used in Lush's Vanillary perfume, however it's a subtle version. It also has a soy type of edge to the smell (think soy milk). I'm guessing it's the Illipe butters.

It lasts all day on my skin & I get whiffs of it now and again. Lush also use absolute perfume oils for the three notes in this product which means it's great quality - not many companies use the real deal. This is why the scent lasts.

I usually do not use Vanilla Dee-Lite on it's own, but as a base when I wear Vanillary.

Price

Vanilla Dee-Lite is a little pricey at $29.95AU for a 250g bottle, I was a little taken aback when I first saw the price, however it does contain quality ingredients such as extra virgin coconut oil & as already mentioned above - absolute perfume oils (vanilla, tonka & jasmine) which are not cheap. As you don't need a lot of product I think it will last a long time

Verdict

I love the texture & definitely love the smell of Vanilla Dee-Lite. If you like vanilla or tonka, I recommend that you try this out. If you're like me & find it hard to smell anything inside Lush, make sure you put it on your skin & leave the store to see how you like it.

I love Vanilla Dee-Light & will definitely repurchase it when my bottle runs out. I find it to be the perfect accompaniment to LUSH Vanillary perfume.

So, the bottom line is, if you love vanilla, you must try this. If you love Vanillary, you must have this. If you love Vanillary but find it's a little too strong this is a great substitute - give it a go!

It' will be coming into Autumn soon so I am looking forward to using more Vanilla fragrances so this is perfect. I'll be using the Vanilla Dee-Lite under Vanillary for perfect scent layering!

My Rating: 8.5 out of 10

0 comments:

Post a Comment