Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

EcoTools 6 Piece Eye Brush set

Last week after reading some positive reviews, I bought the EcoTools 6 Piece Eye Brush set. It has 5 brushes & a little brush pouch.

I'd never really noticed EcoTools before but I'd been having some problems with applying certain eyeshadows lately (usually with glitter). I've had the experience of knowing sometimes the problem lies with the tools you use rather than with the product, looked for another eyeshadow brush.

I also wanted to have multiple eyeshadow brushes so I didn't have to clean during each application to use another colour.

So, after noticing a thread about eyeshadow brushes I decided to check this brand out. They seem to have a few different sets which looked enticing. The prices are reasonable too. I have to say, I'm not a HUGE greenie but I am not alien to the idea of being good to the environment so the Earth-friendly aspect is nice. :-)

There are 5 brushes in this set as follows:
  • Blending Brush
  • Highlight Brush
  • Smudge Brush
  • Shading Brush
  • Crease Brush

The first thing I noticed was how soft these brushes are. I have to say that made me sceptical on how they would work but it seems to help. Plus they feel lovely!

All have travel sized short handles made of bamboo which is quite pretty. The "EcoTools" brand seems to be fading off the side of a couple of the brushes after only 3 washes. I guess this doesn't really matter to me, but it's just surprising.

My favourite has to be the Shading brush which has solved my eyeshadow issues! I use it as a lid brush. The bristles are soft yet firm. It picks up & distribute product well. As it's a small brush it's so easy to control where colour goes. I like that.

My second favourite is the Smudge brush which I've actually been using as a highlight brush (under the eyebrow) & a subtle highlight colour just above my lashline. It's another small brush which is so easy to control. I haven't used it for smudging but will have to be adventurous & try it!

I've been using the Highlight brush AND the Crease brush as crease brushes (trying to work out which is best). The Crease brush seems to be a little big as a Crease brush but works well with lighter colours (or darker colours if you use a corner of the brush). The Highlight brush seems to be a little too big to highlight but I'll work out what to use it for.

Last but not least, the Blending brush does it's job very well!

Would I recommend this set? I would say that these brushes do a very good job! At $19.95AUD the set is good value & would probably make a nice little gift too! I bought my set at Priceline.

Like me, you'll probably find that you're not using all brushes for what they're "intended" for. I'm going to keep working with them to see what works for me. I'm sure that the more I use these brushes I may find different uses for them, or end up using them for their original use? Either way it doesn't really matter does it?

EcoTools seem to have some great brushes & my experience with this one makes me want to try more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment